Wednesday, July 25, 2007

India 27 Food, Food and More Food




Many people have bad memories of food in India but these are usually "soft belly" people who are mainly white and are not used to highly flavored food.
This is not the case with Jon and me. He has years of experience with Indian food and I grew up on spicy food, thanks to my father and my Indian heritage.

Our hosts in India treated us to a wide assortment of local food and I had the time of my life sampling things that I can't remember. The biggest part of this was in Hubli when we stayed with the Madapur family. We woke up in the morning to the most amazing tea and breakfast, enough food for 20, even though our number was less than half that. Lunch was being prepared while we played in the living room with the plastic ball and one night for dinner, Danny's sister made the most amazing Biryani I have ever tasted and I ate till I wanted to burst.

After that it was just to sit around and feel fat but it was all worth it since I won't be having home cooked Indian food for quite some time. For me, the spicier the food, the better I enjoy.

No comments: