Friday, July 20, 2007

India 26 Hubli: Working For His Dinner





Much to the dismay of our host family, Jon grabbed a broom and started helping with the clean-up after the lot of us had been playing all sorts of games in the living room. I guess its difficult to hold back when you are so used to working for your dinner year in and year out. I had no problem enjoying the luxury of being looked after and the tremendous hospitality of the Madapur family.
The main reason for the clean-up was the fact that we were treating the living room like an open playground or a beach. The monsoon had begun and was at Hubli and we had no choice but to amuse ourselves inside the house.The most fun we had was having two teams and hitting a big plastic ball from one side of ther room to the other and another using the same ball and playing Piggy In The Middle. I have not had so much fun with kids since I taught Sunday School in Trinidad and I loved every minute of it.
I am still amazed that the senior Madapurs had no problem with us turning their new living room into a playground and I somehow got the idea that with three young grandchildren living across the street, they were used to this sort of thing.
Thank you Danny and and many thanks to your parents and the kids for a wonderful time in Hubli...and I haven't started on the food yet.

No comments: