Friday, July 13, 2007

India 16 Bangalore: The Garden City






Bangalore is know as the Garden City and for good reason. Unlike the other cities like Mumbai where all you see is concrete and asphalt, the city of Bangalore is dominated by enormous trees of every variety.
It was refreshing to see green everywhere we went in Bangalore and it reminded me of going into Port of Spain and driving around the Queens Park Savannah and seeing all the huge trees towering over you as you drove by. Someone told me that legend tells of King Ashoka planting all the trees in Bangalore and if he did it was a great thing he did.
Driving down busy streets in rush hour traffic, especially when I was on the bike for two days, I just had to look up and see all the trees that lined the wide busy streets and I must admit sometimes I felt a little bit homesick.
Here are some pictures taken just outside the Home for Boys that I visited and one along the way.
There is somuch beauty in Bangalore but sometimes its easier to see the negative. I chooe to see all of it.

No comments: