Tuesday, July 22, 2008

London 2008

London has become one of my favorite places to visit and I always look forward to returning again and again. I arrived on the morning of June 2ND, and after a nice long session with some friendly and courteous officers, during which time they learned lots about me and my life, I was back to my Summer in London.

The weather was not what I had hoped for but it is what can be expected of London, even in the Summer. Overcast, cold and rainy, I ventured out of Gatwick and made my way to Canada Water to the house I would be staying at, the same house I lived in for most of two years between 2004-06. I was happy to be indoors and warm in 'my'room and I quickly settled in. Like a good host (and a great friend) that she is, Neisha had food and drink waiting or me, and I quickly made myself at home.

I should have taken a nap but I did everything but. I quickly set my status on Facebook to, "Adjodha is now in London." I emailed my London friends letting them know I was in the city, emailed my family and other concerned parties in regard to my safe arrival as well as my bonding time with officers I met on my arrival, and called the office to let them know I ready to work.

So began my Summer in London.

No comments: