Monday, April 28, 2008

From Salzburg to New York

It was quite a reality check to arrive back in NY and see that nothing had changed in the week that I was away. But why should it have anyway? New York had no real bearing on the fact that I attended The Salzburg Global Seminar and the only change expected was with me.

Today, Monday 28Th, April, I am back in the swing of things with classes at 8am and surprisingly enough, I was awake and alert. I am proud of myself. After seven nights of an average 3 hours sleep, I thought it would be tough on me to sit through my classes, but so far so good. Tomorrow will be the real test though, when I have classes and other activities from 8am right up until 9:30pm.

On the bright side, I have made some wonderful new friends, I have learned so much about myself and my future and where its headed, and I had tons of fun in the process. What more can I ask for! I have already been given more than I deserve and I am thankful for every moment of joy and enlightenment that comes my way.

Look for much much more updates and pictures in the coming week.



On my way to the city center with some of the students. One of the many stops along the way that we could pass without getting a few photos.


This is a picture of the entire group of students and the one faculty member from my college, Borough of Manhattan Community College, (BMCC)that was a part of The Salzburg Global Seminar.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,
It looks like you had a very valuable experience going to Austria
and attending the Salzburg seminar last spring.
I am planing to apply for it next year, and I was wondering if you can throw any tips. Anything would help.
Thanks very much.

luis.webandprint@gmail.com