Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brimfull of Asha

This past week there was a flurry of emails between us roomies about an upcoming performance by Asha Bhosle at Carnegie Hall. After all the back and forth, I got tickets for the three of us, Jon, David and myself, to attend.

All three of us made our (visiting)debut at Carnegie Hall that night but I am sure the talented Ms. Bhosle is no stranger to that stage. It was a thrilling night for me to witness a performer whose music I have know since early in my life. It was also the first time I have attended the performance of an artiste as prominent as Asha Bhosle.

Her repetoir was extensive and included, semi-clasical indian, old and new Indian film songs, most of which I knew, or at least heard. Now i want to se more live performances and I will be checking out for other events with top artists.

Who knows? Maybe I will catch Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan or even Diana Ross before I leave NY.

I am writing from Salzburg, Austria, so look for more updates.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are surely living the dream.
Very beautiful pictures indeed! Asha was in Atlanta last year. She has a fantastice voice.
Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

You are surely living the dream.
Very beautiful pictures indeed! Asha was in Atlanta last year. She has a fantastic voice.
Keep up the good work!

Pam said...

Hey,
In 1999, I met her personally while she was touring on a project I was working on: the World Beat Music Festival. I spent four days with her at the Hilton suite where I was somewhat like her PA.
On the third day, she realised how tired I was from all the running around and not enough sleep, so she ordered me lunch and after lunch 'ordered' me to lie down on her bed and sleep...I couldnt sleep so she sang to me...and I did fall alseep to the songs of Asha...what a beautiful moment that was.