Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Is Here

I repressed into my boyhood days yesterday, April 1ST, and played a practical joke on most of my friends.
I sent out an email saying I was involved in an incident at school and may be facing suspension. It was a big joke but here are some of the responses I got within five minutes.

One friend called to ask what was going on. In other words, what foolish thing had I done to get in trouble and throw away my life.

Another saw right through me and wished me a happy April Fool's Day in return. These two friends so far from NY.

A very good friend in London emailed her reply, with a disclaimer. "God is bigger than anything. (If this is an April Fool's joke, ha ha ha)."

The classic was another friend in London who called me immediately, trying to calm me down and help in any way possible. (The things you have to do to get a phone call from some friends)

So much for that. I had a good laugh though and stillsmile when I think of the frantic voices on the phone. Here is s site that list the 100 biggest pranks for April Fool's Day. Check it out.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/

No comments: