Sunday, April 13, 2008

Friends in Trinidad

While I was busy playing some football on the beach at Manzanilla during my visit home in January, I heard someone calling my name. But it was not the way everyone else used my name. Everyone calls me Lloyd but people who have known me for many years in Trinidad calls me Lloyde and this was the name I was hearing.
I looked toward the voice and who could I see but Chris, I friend of mine whom I had not seen in at least five years. We knew each other from church many years ago, but became friends some years ago and hung out quite a bit in the years before I left Trinidad. One can imagine my shock and surprise to see him and what a coincidence it was.
Anyway, we had a good chat about life as it is now, and of course, the good old days. Chris is now married with children, two I think, and I am here in NY studying. We have come a long way from the days when we used to hang out and ponder on our future.

No comments: