Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Neisha!

I believe that every one needs to have at least one close friend, someone who will be there no matter what happens in our lives. Someone who will see us for who we are and still be our friend. I am fortunate to have not one but at least three friends like this. Neisha is one such friend.

I met Neisha about eight years ago when I was the youth leader in my home church in Trinidad. We immediately became friends and Neisha was always willing to help out with activities and programs in the group. We always had so many fun evenings and laugh together and worked together.

Fast forward to October 2004.
I flew to London where Neisha has been living for the past five years. Neisha met me at the airport, took me home to drop off my bags and then took me on a whirlwind tour of Central London. This was the point from where our friendship moved up to a whole new level. For the two years I lived in London, Neisha and I became very close friends and now I can say she is one of my best friends.

There are many qualities to a good friend. One who listens, is always available, caring, considerate, knows all about you but still loves you, and many more. Neisha is all this and much much more. I am proud and happy to call her my friend and know that she feels the same about me.

Thank you so much for being the wonderful person you are and I am truly blessed and fortunate to have you as my friend. Thanks for all the fun times we have had together and the anticipation of many more years as friends. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Just before going out with friends to celebrate a birthday. Jan 2006


A night out with friends in Central London...what a night that was!


"Trini to de bone!" Watching the Soca Warriors in the 2006 World Cup against England.


After work office "lime" sponsered by our manager, Jeff. O2 Center, Finchley Road, London


A quiet even at our house on Greenland Quays, London. We had so much fun there.


Neisha and I in front of our house with the marina and Canary Wharf in the background.

Late at night on the # 1 bus, heading to Central London for a night out.

No comments: