Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Trinidad # 8 Some Friends 1



With five weeks on my hand in Trinidad someone actually asked what I planned to do the whole time. If it were up to me, I would have spent every day at the beach or hiking or visiting some nature reserves, most of which I did not get around to doing but I did manage to visit some friends.

This one in particular includes a whole family. Babina, (affectionately known as Reds) and I became friends after the death of a neighbour when my church spent some time with the bereaved family. She has two sons who were very young and I became a big brother to them and a friend of the family.

I have many pleasant memories visiting their home where we would sit and chat for hours, sometimes until the "wee" hours of the morning about everything under the sun. Reds always had questions, many of them relating to the bible and church and we would go back and forth discussing everything that was on her mind.

At some point in time, my friend Pamela and I held classes in the family house for kids living close by, including Red's kids. We had many good days with he kids there (and some frustrating ones as well) but it was a good experience for both Pam and myself in community work, something both of us do till today.

These pictures are of my visit to their home and shows Reds, my mom and myself. Another shows her youngest son Roland and his gf on another night. (Reds is of Amerindian descent and the hair is real)

No comments: