Saturday, December 15, 2007

Paintballing In Pennsylvania!




If you did not know it before now you know!

Being a member (and President) of the Out In Two Scholarship definitely has its benefits and one such benefit was a trip to the forests of Pennsylvania for a day of paint balling, which incidentally, was the day after my birthday night so naturally I considered it an extension of my celebrations.
On the field we divided into two teams. What was a group of seventeen all out for a day of fun turned into two distinct groups out for "blood". It was open war and we had the "guns" to show how serious we were and no was was going to escape unscathed.
The first hit I took produced a yell only the great ape Godzilla could match! I was stunned that this could hurt so much so I vowed I would get my revenge at the next round. So said so done! I was relentless to the point where I could not differentiate comrades from enemies until the session was over and my team won.
For the rest of the day I took my fair share of hits and most of the other guys were relentless as well and for the last session which turned out to be a free for all with every man for himself my gun jammed and after taking numerous hits to the body, I stuck my gun in the air and call "out".
Needless to say, I have one bruise that seems to want to stay with me for a long time but what the heck...we all had a blast...literally.

Will I do it again? You bet I would!

2 comments:

Flower said...

So jealous! I've always wanted to go paintballing. Maybe one day...

Jasmin

LLM-in-NYC said...

sure...I will anytime its possible.