Sunday, December 16, 2007

Canada Here I Come! I



Considering the fact that my sister is living in Canada for the better part of twenty years, one would think that's where I would go when I do visit Canada but that was not the case. With her blessing (which she forgot she gave) I visited my friend (of 17 years) an her husband in Ottawa.


Since I came to the US to study I always expected to visit the second largest country in the world but Ottawa was the furthest place from my mind by with some planning from my rommie and my friend I found myself at the Canadian High Commission in NY. After a series of questions, and the office being satisfied that I had no plans to get married and settle in Canada (me, settle anywhere...God forbid!) he was nice enough to grant me a visa to visit his lovely country.


The overnight trip was just that...overnight...and we had a snow white Canada awaiting us in addition to an excited best friend. You would think it was Santa arriving but arrive we did and it was a blast. We had what was supposed to be breakfast at 1pm and did not move from the table till after 5pm when the man of the house came in.


The weekend was a blast and here are some photos to it prove . Checkout Jon, Pamela and me in from of the house to begin with.

No comments: