Saturday, December 15, 2007

Birthday Way...Act III Friends at Home





This is the first time having friends over for anything at the new apartment and small as it is, everyone had a good time socializing and of course, eating all the delicious food the "birthday boy" provided.

It was a good opportunity to see some friends whom you never see and meet new ones like our neighbour and her daughter. I did miss the house in Greenland Quays, London where I celebrated in 2005 as well as my farewell from London, and I did miss all my London friends at this celebration.

The funniest part was the cake. I had an ice cream cake in the freezer and did not remember it till after everyone had left. By this time there was the three room mates and my niece so we took it out, lit one candle and then had a feast. A cake that was made for 20 persons was now being devoured at 1am by four people.

After the cake came the opening of presents which is always the best part even though I had to wait a two days after my actual birthday but to make up, I had opened an amazing gift two weeks early that my sister Molly had given to me...that is, a laptop which I am using right now.

There ended my three day celebration of my birthday. The question is: what shall I do for an encore? We will just have to wait and see what 2008 brings our way.

No comments: