Friday, February 9, 2007

Why Do You Love Me?

A few weeks ago the pastor of my church (redeemer.com) Dr. Tim Keller was preaching a sermon and asked this question.

For many people, this is the big question. In this day and age we live in with just about everything available in some artificial form, more and more people are asking this question?

What sort of answer can you expect to get from those around you? Here are some examples.

You are loving and caring, intelligent, warm, funny, sexy, rich (no one ever said that to me) you are my best friend, I can trust you, you believe in me and my dreams, you complete me.

Dr. Keller made the point that if someone loves you for all these reasons, what do you think will happen when some of them fade? What happens when you are no longer young and beautiful and you can't remember things you did yesterday?

But when we ask ouselves, why does God love us? The only answer we can come up with is,Because He lLoves Us. For that reason he will never stop loving us. His love is not based on our actions and/or abilities. He loves us simply because he loves us and that is one fact that will never change.

No comments: