Sunday, June 22, 2008

Salzburg Global Seminar: Special Friends

One of the best things about the SGS is the fact that it brought some amazing people together in one place for a week. Many of those amazing persons happened to be from my sponsor school, Borough of Manhattan Community College. In the week we spent together, many of these guys became close friends. Sometimes it seems like it's to short a time for this closeness to develop but believe me, it happened.
Now that we have all moved on to new schools, or some in the same school, we still keep that bond we have grown among us (via FB and other means). We have become an intricate part of each other other's lives. Here is a close up look at some of the honorable mentions. (Missing are Taylor, Venus, Teri, to mention a few)



The ultimate 'IT Couple" of the week, Michelle and I became the best of friends during the week in Salzburg. She was the only one who dared call me by the "b" word and I had my own special adjectives for her. We had so much fun together, and shared so much personal stuff. It was an amazing time for both of us.


Some of the group that I hung out with most of the time in the Beirstuba, the place were we had the most fun and cemented our friendships.


This picture features Anna May (Philippines) Juliana, and Francois (Haiti) I know Anna May will never forgive me for putting this picture on my blog but I just wanted to have one that I took, rather than one from someone else. Beautiful, funny, sexy, brilliant, caring,,,did I mention fun. I love you Anna May.
Francois and I sat next to each other on the first leg of our flight that took us to Frankfurt. We chatted for over an hour and within that time, I managed to get an insight into this quiet, strong, young man who was not afraid to live according to his beliefs, even if it meant being different from the crowds.

I had no idea Rachel was such a cool person and so much fun but we are now great friends and love each other to death. She is now on my list of funnist (is that a word)persons I know.

Joy is one of the few persons from one of the other schools represented that I felt a special closeness to. We seemed to have formed a bond out of nothing and I am glad for all those times we sought each other out and became great friends in the process

Sandra was our chaperone for the week in Salzburg and definitely an extraordinary person. She looked out for us and made sure we all got to Salzburg and back to NY in one group. Cool and fun, it was a pleasure having Sandy with us.
Harry Mars was one of the organizers of the trip and he was very much the gentleman all along. He has a deep affection for each of us and it is my pleasure to know him and call him my friend.



This picture was taken at JFK as we gathered before check in. From the left is Jeffery (Hong Kong) Juliana (Brazil) yours truly (Trinidad and Tobago, if you did not know) Gabriela (Cuba) and Denis (Russia)
Jeffery and I had many conversations and I had the opportunity to find out what makes this quiet, deep, caring young man tick.
I knew Juliana from Phi Theta Kappa but only casually, even though I voted for her as a vice president. All that changed from the time we met at the airport and now we are as close as friends can be. She is a strong, caring, focused, and fun person if you ever meet one.
Gaby and I were already friends and the person I knew best from the entire BMCC group but we became even better friends as our common ground expanded to greater things.
Denis I thought, did not smile enough and I was successful and forcing many smiles out of him. Not sure what he thinks of me but he is a cool guy whose eyes are open to what is happening in the world around him.

No comments: