Monday, May 19, 2008

Carnegie Hall Performance

I had an opportunity to perform at Carnegie Hall with the BMCC Downtown Chorus but because I was in Salzbur for the main rehearsals with he conductor and the orchestra, I did not. Instead, I got a free ticket to a balcony seat and thoroughly enjoyed the combined choir of 300 singers, conductor by Dr Anton Armstrong, perform Gabriel Faure's "Requiem." It was absolutely beautiful and even though I did not sing, I am happy to have been there to enjoy.

After the concert, my choir director, Dr Eugenia E Yau, and her husband Jose, took us to a nearby bar and we had some drinks and pizza, all compliments Jose. We all had a grand time relaxing with the knowledge of a job well done behind us.

Congratulations to all!Special thanks to Dr Yau and all her hard work in providing this awesome, once in a lifetime opportunity.


Let the party begin. Jon, Gianni and me.


Gianni, Jon, and Pramela...can you tell the thorn from the roses?

Our very talented and awesome director and friend, Dr. Eugenia Yau and her husband Jose with me.

Introducing....the two tenors....drum roll please...

Dr. Yau with some of the talented singers from our Chorus.

Meet the "Three Musketeers," Peter, Jon and me.

Part of the group, enjoying drinks on Jose and (hungrily) awaiting the pizza.

No comments: