Saturday, March 15, 2008

Trinidad 10: A Day in Tobago

It was supposed to be a day spent in beautiful Tobago with my mother, sister, and Jon but when the day came, only Jon and I went. We took the ferry early in the day and had a nice uneventful two and half hour trip before we got there. It was a beautiful day with brilliant sunshine, clear blue skies and an inventing ocean, any direction you looked.

We were fortunate to have a cool taxi driver, the only woman in the line, who dropped us off to some of the places we visited and even got us a nice discount on the boat tour of the Bucco Reef, the Nylon Pool and a detour on a small cove with warm water. It was a great day and I have tons of pictures so here are a few. The next time I spend a day in Tobago will be for a friend's weeding but who know when that will be. Maybe when she reads this she will tell me.


Jon sitting on the wall of Fort George, with the countryside in the background
.


Jon looking out at Pigeon Point.


A view of Store Bay from our boat on the way to the Reef and Nylon Pool.


A 'bird's eye view' of Pigeon point from our boat



On the way to Tobago as we left Trinidad



Tobago, here I come

No comments: