Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Friends and St Patrick's Day in NY





It was another weekend of activities in New York with St Patrick's Day, which for most people, is just another reason to go out and get drunk.
You must have at least one Guinness to celebrate the weekend. (I won't tell you how many I had)
Even though I was in Nothern Ireland for St patrick's Day 2006, my team (Kami, Abdullah and Joanne) were not interested in going out so we never really experienced a pub night to clebrate the famous saint.

This year however, was quite different. There was Jon, his brother Ethan and Jasmin so we all joined in the fun and had a few.

In NY you could see green everywhere (but on the trees) as people tried to be a bit patriotic for at least one day of the year.

Mind you, I joined in the Green as well but since I have been to Ireland, North and South, at least six times between 2004 and 2006 I feel I have earned the right. Not that anyone cares really. No we did not look at the parades, we were much too busy and besides, having some Guinness and wearing my Green Ireland t-shirt (that I bought in Dublin) was enough.


"Long live the Irish! May you live long enough to unite as one country, under one drink. Have a Guinness."

No comments: