Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Trinidad # 3 "Nicing" Up De Place





If you know anything about Trinidad culture, you will know that Christmas is the time when everyone makes that extra effort to make their homes more beautiful and/or replace existing furniture and appliances with brand new ones (thanks to all the no deposit/take it home for 3 mths credit. etc. available) This is something that most people do and in just the space of a month before and after Christmas, homes are completely transformed.

When I got home, our house was being repainted to match all the blooming flowers in the front yard and I got right into the swing of things. I am not really one for DIY but I do enjoy painting with some sing-along music to keep me distracted. We did this for the first three days I was there and it was well worth it.

Here I am all messed up with paint as well as the front of the house with all the plants. (Not that I had anything to do with the beautiful plants)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time!