Monday, September 17, 2007

Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolff?

Certainly Not Me!

Thanks to a NY free daily newspaper (the only ones I read)I attended a free screening of the Oscar-winning movie "Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolff?" The interesting thing was the presence of the highly acclaimed playwright Edward Albee, who wrote the original play that the movie was based on.
Prior to that evening, I had read about the play, and the movie, but never saw the movie so I jumped at the chance. On the way in, I joined the mailing list of the theatre company hosting the screening without knowing they had a raffle draw from those names.
Lo and behold, when Mr. Albee picked the paper out of the bag, guess whose name was on it? That's right! Adjodha Maharaj! My prize! Two tickets to a new play by none other than Edward Albee! The Occupant.
That takes care of one evening out in NY in the next few months. My luck has been stretching for this year and you would note in a previous post, I won another prize in a draw at the Annual Asian Heritage Month. My scholarship club sponsored the ticket for that dinner. I was also pulled onstage during an Off-Broadway Production of A Midsummer Night's Dream for about five minutes. Who knows what my luck holds in the next few weeks?

No comments: