Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11-07 We Remember


Its difficult being in New York and not being aware of what took place here six years ago. You can't miss the flood of memories that is thrown at you every time you turn on the tv or walk past Ground Zero, which happens to be 5mins walk from my school. When the Towers came donw back in 2001, it brought down a building that had been donated to BMCC and took the lives of a group of school personnel. A plaque honoring their memory has since been erected at the school's entrance.
I still remember where I was...back home, Valpark Shopping Plaza, TCBY, working... and what I did as soon as I realized what had just happened... ran into the store and called Molly and demand that she wake up and turn on her TV... and then the flood of emotions that swept through me as I look at the TV screen and wept inwardly for those caught in the midst of the tragedy. I cannot imagine what it was like or even what they have been through but my heart goes out to all those who suffered and still suffer because of that day's events.
Sometimes it makes me want to hate all those involved and all those who support what happened but that will not do anyone any good. So instead I pray and hope for healing and a continuance of life for all for those affected directly and indirectly.

No comments: