Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ONE YEAR DOWN!

As of 22ND May, 2007, I have completed my first year of college and its an incredible feeling to have come this far. I can't help but realize that I could not have done this on my own. My faith in God has been a big part, not that I have great faith but the one whom I have placed my faith in has worked wonders to bring me to the point that I am at now.
I remember my sister Molly telling me 20 years ago that I HAVE to attend college in the US after her first semester at Wheaton College IL and I also remember thinking, this is something I can do and be good at. The seed was sown then and it has take all these years ans many twists and turns, ups and downs, many times more downs than ups but by August 2006, I boarded a plane to New York, armed with my Student Visa and what little money I had, but also with lots of faith and hope and the prayers of family and friends, and the knowledge that some believed in me and were willing me on this path.
Almost a year later I have a year of school behind me, I am on the Dean's List and I have been awarded a Scholarship. I am humbled by all that has been afforded me and I look forward to all that is coming my way.
Thank you, my family members who have believed in me. Some of you have said it it out and some of you have not but thanks all the same. Thanks to all my friends in Trinidad, those in London and now all the new ones in NY.
It has been a great year and I know the next few will be even greater. I am glad we are all on this journey together. I could never do this alone and I am glad you are with me.

No comments: