Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Are you or are you not? That is the question!

BATH TUB TEST

It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at yourself from time to time. This
little test should get you started.

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what
is the criteria that defines a patient to be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, we offer a teaspoon, a
teacup, and a bucket to the patient and ask the patient to empty the
bathtub."

Okay, here's your test:

1. Would you use the spoon?
2. Would you use the teacup?
3. Would you use the bucket?

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would choose the
bucket since it is larger than the teacup or spoon."

I am withholding the answer in the hope that some of you who read this will post a comment telling me what method you will use.
Let me know and, as a budding Psychologist, I may be able to determine if you are mentally ill, that is to say, abnormal, or normal or just plain dumb. Its always best to hear it from a friend, so go on, give it a go.

Answer:
I guess all my friends are sane since, based on this test, everyone opted for pulling the plug.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Can I just pull the plug, or do I have to use one of the three utensils?? If it's the latter, then first the bucket and then the spoon for the little bit at the very end...? (♫♪"Does that make me craaaazzzyyy??"♪♫)

Flower120 said...

I'm with Jonathan, pull out the plug.

Jasmin

Anonymous said...

I would also just pull the plug (but then I have heard the test before). :)

.....and who's to say how big the bucket is anyway? The teaspoon or the teacup could be bigger. Oooooh. Betcha didn't think of that!

Anonymous said...

Good one Cristian, but I wouldn't choose any. Remember in Math class how you would get these story problems with not enough info. to solve it. I bet this is one of them.